Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Robin Williams!

On this July 21, I'd like to take the time to celebrate the 60th birthday of Robin Williams, one of the funniest men in Hollywood. While he's been a little hit-and-miss in the past few years, Williams definitely made a name for himself during the 1980s and 1990s, playing a wide assortment of characters in both comedic and dramatic roles. He's even dabbled in voice work, offering some of the liveliest animated characters to grace the silver screen. So for his birthday, I've tweaked things a little bit. Instead of just giving you my five favorite of Williams' performances (which you'll find a little ways down this post), I'm giving you my three favorite of his voiced roles as well. I hope you enjoy this list as you help me celebrate his birthday!


3. Batty Koda
FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1992)


----------

2. Ramon
Happy Feet (2006)


----------

1. Genie
Aladdin (1992)


----------

And here's my favorite live-action Robin Williams roles!


5. Armand Goldman
The Birdcage (1996)


----------

4. Dr. Malcolm Sayer
Awakenings (1990)


----------

3. Jack Powell
Jack (1996)


----------

2. Adrian Cronauer
Good Morning, Vietnam (1987)


----------

1. Sean Maguire
Good Will Hunting (1997)


----------

Awards
2002: Nominee - Best Supporting Actor, Comedy
2006: Winner - Best Voice Acting; Nominee - Best Supporting Actor, Comedy

No comments:

Post a Comment