Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Favorites: FOOTBALL MOVIES

As I, like millions of football fans around the world, finish their my preparations for this year's Super Bowl between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots, I started to think about the best football movies that I've had the opportunity to watch. There have been a slew of them over the years, many of which have become ingrained into our collective public consciousness. While sports films have always been a little hit-and-miss, something about football-centric films finds a way to strike home with audiences more so than most other sports, save only boxing. So, in recognition of today being the biggest day in the football year, I thought I'd bring you my list of my favorite football movies. I've managed to list my top five, and I've thrown in a few videos that give a sense of each film's overall tone. I hope you enjoy this list, and I hope everyone has a safe and fun afternoon and evening watching the big game!


5. We Are Marshall
2006
Directed by: McG
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Fox, Anthony Mackie, David Strathairn, Ian McShane, Kate Mara


*****

4. The Waterboy
1998
Directed by: Frank Coraci
Starring: Adam Sandler, Kathy Bates, Fairuza Balk, Henry Winkler, Jerry Reed


*****

3. Friday Night Lights
2004
Directed by: Peter Berg
Starring: Billy Bob Thornton, Lucas Black, Derek Luke, Jay Hernandez, Garrett Hedlund, Tim McGraw


*****

2. Rudy
1993
Directed by: David Anspaugh
Starring: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty, Charles S. Dutton, Robert Prosky, Jason Miller


*****

1. Remember the Titans
2000
Directed by: Boaz Yakin
Starring: Denzel Washington, Will Patton, Wood Harris, Ryan Hurst, Hayden Panettiere

1 comment:

  1. great post, very informative. I'm wondering why the other experts of this sector don't notice this. You must proceed your writing. I'm confident, you have a great readers' base already!
    Hayward Clamp Assmembly With Spring

    ReplyDelete