Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tim Burton!

It's birthday time, kids! Today we're celebrating the 53rd birthday of director/producer Tim Burton. Burton has spent his career crafting his own niche in Hollywood, consistently bringing forth some of the strangest and most innovative films to hit the silver screen. He's taken hold of the 0ff-beat humor in the darkest of situations and has gone full steam ahead with it. Because of this, he's developed quite a cult following, and although I don't think he's my favorite director, I'm still thoroughly intrigued by all of his work. Adding to his mystique is his marriage to the equally-quirky Helena Bonham Carter, with whom he has teamed on a number of occasions. So, as I usually do, I'm counting down my five favorite directorial efforts from Mr. Burton as a tribute to his career on his birthday. I know there could be a bit of debate with my choices, but I still hope you like this list. Once again, happy birthday Tim Burton!


5. Batman
1989


----------

4. Big Fish
2003


----------

3. Corpse Bride
2005


----------

2. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
2007


----------

1. Beetle Juice
1988

1 comment: