Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Edward Norton!

Another day, another birthday. This time we're celebrating another one of my favorite actors, Edward Norton, who turns 42 today. I think my first introduction to Norton's work was in 1999's Fight Club, and although he might have been overshadowed a little by Brad Pitt's character, he still left a resonating impression on me. I started to seek out his work, and I soon fell in love with his acting ability. And so, as a tribute to his career, I've decided to list my five favorite Norton roles. I've supplied short clips from each of the performances in order to give you a little bit of insight into each character in case you haven't seen one of the films. All that being said, enjoy the post and help me wish Edward Norton a happy 42nd birthday!


5. Lester 'Worm' Murphy
Rounders (1998)


----------

4. Sheldon Mopes/Smoochy the Rhino
Death to Smoochy (2002)


----------

3. The Narrator
Fight Club (1999)


----------

2. Aaron
Primal Fear (1996)


----------

1. Derek Vinyard
American History X (1998)


----------
Awards
1998: Winner - Best Actor, Drama; Best Supporting Actor, Drama
1999: Nominee - Best Actor, Drama
2002: Nominee - Best Actor, Drama; Best Actor, Comedy
2003: Nominee - Best Villain
2010: Nominee - Best Actor, Comedy

No comments:

Post a Comment