Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sam Mendes!

Today we've got the birthday of director Sam Mendes, who turns 46. Mendes splashed onto the Hollywood scene, winning Best Director for his directorial debut, 1999's American Beauty (which also went on to win Best Picture that year). Since then, he's only offered up four other films, but they've all been of rather astounding caliber, if I do say so myself. Despite the lack in quantity, Mendes's work achieves a quality that many directors would love to possess. So, for this post, I've listed his five films in the order of my preference, much like I do with other birthday posts. All that being said, I'd like to wish Sam Mendes a happy 46th birthday, and I hope you enjoy this list.


5. Jarhead
2005


----------

4. Revolutionary Road
2008


----------

3. Away We Go
2009


----------

2. Road to Perdition
2002


----------

1. American Beauty
1999

No comments:

Post a Comment