Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, George Clooney!

If you would have asked me about my feelings towards George Clooney only a few years ago, I probably would've told you that I despised his guts. Nowadays, I couldn't exactly tell you why I thought the way I did - it probably has something to do with my ultra-conservative upbringing that taught me to be wary of actors and their political tendencies - but thankfully, I have broken through that little bit of ignorance. I actually started to watch his work, and I think it was 2008's Burn After Reading that truly gave me a glowing opinion of Clooney. I've since taken in a bit of his work, most of which involves his signature bravado. In the past few years, however, he's started to take on some more vulnerable characters, only increasing his overall brilliance in my eyes. Love him or hate him, it's hard to deny that this Oscar winner is one of the preeminent faces of Hollywood today. As usual, I've listed my five favorite roles below, so I hope enjoy those. So we salute Mr. Clooney as he celebrates the big 5-0. Happy birthday, good sir!


5. Seth Gecko
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)


----------

4. Ryan Bingham
Up in the Air (2009)


----------

3. Harry Pfarrer
Burn After Reading (2008)


----------

2. Jack / Edward
The American (2010)


----------

1. Everett
O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)


No comments:

Post a Comment