Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Favorite: CHRISTMAS MOVIE VILLAINS

The Christmas season is a time for us to reflect on the happiness in our lives and spend time with our friends and family. It's supposed to be a time of jolliness and cheer, and the best Christmas movies do well to convey that sense of cheer. However, there's always that one character who's trying to bash that holiday happiness and bring down everyone's cheery livelihood. This post will salute my favorite holiday villains. They're the ones who take away the Christmas spirit from the rest of the characters and try to ruin the holiday itself. However, sometimes these characters can prove to be the most charismatic and most memorable in a film, and for those particular individuals, I've created this list. I've gone through all of the Christmas-related films I've seen (a relatively short list, but a comprehensive one nonetheless), and I've chosen my seven favorite holiday villains. I've supplied videos for each when possible, so I hope you enjoy them. And enjoy this list of my favorite Christmas baddies!


7. Santa
Santa's Slay (2005)
Played by: Bill Goldberg


*****

6. Hans Gruber
Die Hard (1988)
Played by: Alan Rickman


*****

5. Burgermeister Meisterburger
Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (1970)
Voiced by: Paul Frees

*****

4. Abominable Snow Monster
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)


*****

3. Henry F. Potter
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
Played by: Lionel Barrymore


*****

2. Oogie Boogie
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Voiced by: Ken Page


*****

1. The Grinch
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
Played by: Jim Carrey

No comments:

Post a Comment