Followers

This Movie Guy Headline Animator

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Movie Review: JACKASS 3D

JACKASS 3D
2010
R


You can watch the trailer here

Honestly, there's really not much to saw about this one. I did not see this movie in 3D (I didn't want to pay the extra three bucks to see vomit and fecal matter thrown at me in the third dimension), but I could tell that it was your basic 3D schlock.

It's not that I hated this movie - far from it. I definitely laughed as much as I was supposed to, and I definitely wanted to vomit alongside Steve-O and the various cameramen at the appropriate junctures. I just couldn't seem to get into this one as much as I had enjoyed Jackass Number Two. However, I am willing to assume that the drop in my overall enjoyment stemmed from both the theater and the fact that I went alone.

Some of the pranks were pretty good, although they didn't have any complex, well-planned gags laid out ahead of time like they did in the last movie. Still, I laughed, cringed, and felt the waves of nausea accordingly. Some of the best bits this time around involved some pretty interesting cameos, ranging from the ever-present Spike Jonze to Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen, who was actually pretty damn hilarious. Oh, and a couple of Johnny Knoxville's co-stars (Edward Barbanelle and John Taylor) from the 2005 film The Ringer even show up during the closing credits.

All in all, if you're into the Jackass franchise, you're probably gonna love this one as well. It's already made an estimated $50 million, so everybody else is seeing it too.

Grade: C+
Thumb... Slightly up

No comments:

Post a Comment